Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 2:30 AM
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Accounting Manager 2 - Invoicing to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The Manager, which plays a critical role in the successful strategy of the MS Sector, will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing contract accounting billings for Northrop Grumman MS. Billings include progress payments, cost-type, fixed price and time and material invoices/vouchers; conduct accounts receivable analysis, including unbilled analysis; ensure timely collections; and provide accurate and timely accounting services in support of our customer operating sectors; address inquiries and act as liaison with cognizant DCMA and DCAA; internal and external audit requests.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) , the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and Northrop Grumman policies and procedures, as well as, the integrity, consistency, and reliability of the processes employed in the performance of business management functions
- Being skilled in partnering with multiple functional organizations as well as internal customers
- Overseeing timely billings and collections to maximize cash flows
- Providing an open, trusting work environment conducive to employee engagement, and ensuring a high performance culture
- Troubleshooting skills to spot problems with cash processes and quickly initiate corrective action.
- Manage monthly closing activities and ensure accuracy of accounts
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external audits related to department activity
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THIS REQUISITION.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17025742&lang=en
• Location: Los Angeles
• Post ID: 151011892 losangeles