Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 450 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of WaterTM. It is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality.
A leader in global irrigation, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
The motivated, detail oriented sales person will lead efforts for the Contractor Business Unit focused on activities and execution to grow sales with retailers operating in the Southern California Region. This high energy self-starter enjoys developing new channels of distribution as much as growing existing channels. Daily activities include everything from retail basics such as down-stocking and building displays to more strategic activities such as assortment layout and promotional product presentations to store management and regional buyers.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Analyze the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual strategic plan to reach sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and implement local and regional programs to promote Rain Bird turf products.
- Develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the Distributor Manager, other Contractor Account Managers, Area Specification Managers and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractor targets.
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the Region Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
- Maintain, utilize and grow contractor database for direct marketing and communication efforts.
- Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird's turf products; their application and key benefits as it relates to product preference.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- This position requires approximately 10% overnight travel.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Sales Management experience.
- Three to five years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Irrigation design and experience.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
• Post ID: 163755027 losangeles