******Hospitality Background Required*******
Paligroup Management is currently seeking an experienced hotel Controller to join our team as at The Mystic Hotel in Union Square, San Francisco.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The duties of this full-time position include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for financial activities of the hotel through accurate and timely audits and reporting
· Oversee A/P, A/R and General Cashier functions to ensure accuracy and proper cash handling controls are in place and to provide assistance when necessary.
· Reconcile cash received in the income journal to cash received in the bank
· Partner with operational leaders to ensure proper collection of payment and processing of invoices, management of check books, and address accounting solutions for operational issues
· Prepare daily/weekly/monthly financial reports and distribute in a timely manner
· Prepare monthly/quarterly financial packages for management and partners
· Assist the Director of Finance with creation and management of budget and forecast as well as overall financial leadership.
· Create and update monthly schedules that support the balance sheet and certain line items in the income statement
· Reconcile the guest ledger and advanced deposit ledgers daily to the income journal
· Reconcile the city ledger in M3 and Opera to the general ledger on a monthly basis
· Reconcile sales and occupancy tax daily in the income journal, research and resolve any discrepancies
· Assist the Director of Finance in reconciling all bank and balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure all balances are clearly documented and variances researched and rectified in a timely basis.
· Implement processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the accounting recordation as well as daily and monthly closing process
· Conduct internal financial audits as directed.
· Provide management and the operational team with various reports used to manage the hotels – Daily Sales, Labor and other adhoc reports when needed
· Assist in preparation of project specific loan draw requests and ensure that pertinent documents are in place
· Assist the operations team with IT related requests and serve as liaison to third-party IT professionals, as neededSpecial projects as needed including but not limited to the following:
· Migrate the Paligroup Management, LLC financial information into M3
· Streamline the daily revenue reporting via automation
· Assist the Director of Finance with third party audit requests
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a full service hotel or property management company required.
• Proven track record in delivering results.
• Proven track record of building a cohesive teams and facilitating goal acheivement.
• Commitment to exceptional on-brand guest service.
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills.
• Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis.
• Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style.
• Computer proficiency, including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Post ID: 155362892 losangeles