Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Intern - Mergers & Acquisitions, BYU (Summer 2018) - Deloitte
Do you have your finger on the pulse of the vast, fast paced, and ever-changing deal environment? Have a passion for current trends in accounting and finance? As a Merger, Acquisition, and Divestures intern at Deloitte, you’ll be part of a national team that is the recognized marketplace leader among large professional services firms in providing merger, acquisition, and divestiture services to corporate strategic buyers and private equity investors. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading accounting and finance leaders in addressing the full range of deal execution issues, including due diligence, tax and accounting structuring, merger integration and post transaction considerations. Our multi-disciplinary approach combines M&A, industry and other function specialists to provide fact-based answers and objective feedback geared to minimizing risk and increasing returns.
Work you’ll do
As an intern, you will leverage your accounting experience to research and work with M&A teams on a broad spectrum of technical accounting matters including complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, leases, intangibles and financial instruments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to directly deliver highly valued service to clients through working on a diverse array of M&A engagements. You will:
• Demonstrate an ability to identify and evaluate business, industry, financial, accounting to tax risk related transactions
• Assist in identifying potential “deal breakers”, industry, country, and deal-specific risks and opportunities
• Evaluate targets’ historical and projected earnings and cash flows; hidden contingencies, commitments, and tax exposures; as well as quality of assets and internal control structure
• Review and comment on financial, accounting, and tax considerations in investment models, bank finance agreements and public debt offering documents
• Assist in structuring purchase price adjustment mechanisms and other relevant projections in stock purchase agreements
• Identify integration and post-transaction transition issues
• Assist with divestiture strategy, planning, and execution
With an in-depth understanding of the M&A landscape, market experience, and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions in both domestic and global markets. This includes managing the entire M&A lifecycle. Working with our clients to develop growth strategies based on their organizational goals, our services are designed to help clients be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition or divestiture process. Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory’s Mergers and Acquisition practice.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting
• Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
• Ability to work independently and as part of team with professionals
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and other data analysis tools
• Up to 40% travel required, including unpredictable or last minute travel
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
How you’ll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You’ll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Post ID: 135911148 losangeles