Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 12:37 PM
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company : we're a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world's most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated 8+ billion in sales in 2016 : securing the 1 market position in North America and the 2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people : people like you : and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you're looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you've come to the right place.
Under the general direction of the Branch Operations Manager, the Branch Operations Supervisor (BOS) is responsible for the efficient day:to:day operations of the branch, including supervision of the employees, facility and executing operations related activities.
Environmental, Health and Safety ::
- Responsible for the daily safe, efficient, legal and economical operations of assigned branch, including transportation, warehouse and tank farm.
- Facilitates compliance to corporate health, safety, and environmental affairs policies, including completion of all required training, documentation and record keeping.
- Supports sales efforts consistent with corporate and regulatory compliance, health, safety and environmental affairs standards.
- May lead the emergency response team in the branch.
- Supports branch health and safety program and conducts safety audits in conjunction with Branch Operations Manager.
- Assists Branch Operations Manager with conducting timely and detailed incident investigations and communicates root causes and recommends corrective and preventives measures.
- Regularly updates upper management on branch performance, including cost and productivity opportunities and issues, and branch or industry related trends.
Staff Supervision ::
- Conducts daily pre:shift meetings, communicates expectations to employees and maintains a supervisory presence throughout the branch.
- Coordinates day:to:day work activities to ensure operational goals and objectives are met.
- Ensures all employees have the required tools and training on matters related to safety, operation standards and department goals.
- Creates a positive work environment and fosters employee ownership of branch operations and performance.
- May oversee the completion of drug testing and medical surveillance as required.
Branch Administration ::
- General office work, email communications and correspondence with internal and external customers.
- Supports inspections and paperwork associated with hazardous waste generation and waste pickup transport.
- Participates in inspections from outside agencies (DOT,EPA,FDA,DHS).
Sales Support/Customer Service ::
- Supports Branch Operations Manager with maintaining budget and operating plans to achieve branch goals.
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements and fulfilling orders in a cost effective manner using appropriate risk management and Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Assurance ::
- Ensures company quality processes are adhered to at the local branch level.
- Partners with appropriate departments to resolve product quality issues in an efficient and timely manner.
Inventory Management ::
- Responsible for cycle counts and physical inventory; including quarantined material.
- Supervises daily operations, including repack and transportation functions in inventory management system ( e.g. UVX2000).
Facility Maintenance ::
- Responsible for maintenance, upkeep and housekeeping of facility, buildings, equipm
• Location: Los Angeles
• Post ID: 154949477 losangeles