Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:57 AM
Job Function: Ocean Freight
Contract Type: Regular Employment
Job Level: Entry:level
Office Location: Los Angeles, CA (LAX), United States
Start Date: 10/30/2017
The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Customer Service Agent : Ocean Import to serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation processing staff, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
* Receive and track P.O.s from Importers/customer service group for pending shipments
* Retrieve shipment details from Shipment Communication Platform (SCP) to open file
* Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
* Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
* Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact. Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e:mail, fax, visit
* Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean/air carriers.
* Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
* Provide accurate job costing forecast
* Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
* Serve as a liasion between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
* Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
* Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
* Cargo release with carriers
* Require documents to support import of freight
* Exception handling by consulting with supervisor
* Other duties as requested.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
* Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry (Import)
* Knowledge of all Panalpina products
* Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of Panalpina strategy, structure and pricing
* Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
* Team player
* Proficient in Panalpina forwarding and MS Office applications
• Location: los angeles
• Post ID: 159150007 losangeles