Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move Americas workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position will have the responsibility for the oversight of day-to-day operations, management and planning to ensure the safe and efficient makeup and operation of trains within the Metrolink system, including providing the leadership, guidance, direction, planning, implementation and coordination of functions associated with the road operations, such as yard operations, train makeup, on time performance and customer service initiatives.
- Provide reliable, safe, comfortable and on time service to customers, in support of revenue and expense goals.
- Ensure crews, train makeup, road operations and coordination of equipment movements are performed in a safe, efficient and on time manner.
- Interface and coordinate all operational activities with dispatching, mechanical and engineering partners in support of goals.
- Develop, coordinate and implement safety programs, budgets and operating practices associated with the train movement within the Metrolink property.
- Must have Extensive years of transportation experience. Significant operating experience, with no violations described in CFR 49, part 250.117, as train service engineer and/or as a Road Foreman.
- Significant experience within the Metrolink operation and with operating agreements. Current Class I engineers certification
- Understanding and knowledge of various computer systems and programs. Extensive managerial oversight experience of train and yard movements.
- Masters degree in Transportation or related combination of training and work experience.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (number of people, direct and/or indirect): 8 Road Foreman; indirectly supervises approximately 165 train and engine service agreement employees.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have prior satisfactory job performance
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements:10 plus years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation|| No Additional
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 147299107 losangeles