sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We re in the business of feeding people, and we re out to change what that means.
Leads at sweetgreen have immense opportunity to grow their leadership skills and to learn what it takes to manage a successful team. We want sweetgreen to be a transformative place, and we pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth and professional development.
As a lead you will be an ambassador of the sweetlife and sweetgreen's core values. You will be interacting with our guests and leading your team to give the best customer service in the game! The goal is to leave people better off than when we found them.
You will help to ensure that our in-store processes are executed as smoothly as possible by running brilliant shifts. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager), but will be empowered to make your own decisions that create the best overall experience for our guests.
Our managers monitor the food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. In addition, managers ensure that the companies standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Managers also make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
You will hit the books, by keeping tabs on food cost, waste and employee hours, doing their best to optimize profit and create the best dining experience possible for customers.
- Previous kitchen, prep, recipe, and cooking experience required
- Solid understanding of labor and food cost
- Strong leadership qualities
- Detail oriented
- Must be passionate about food
- Must have a valid food handler card
- Lead the line and food production, maintaining consistency and a high level of quality
- Oversee prep
- Establish a strong relationship with vendors.
- Place and check orders as needed
- Maintain a clean kitchen
- Monitor the labor of all back of house staff
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive wages
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
Associated topics: assistant general manager, business coach, editor in chief, executive team leader, fire captain, fire chief, fire marshal, gerente, lieutenant, shift lead
• Post ID: 160702707 losangeles