Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2017 6:38 PM
About The Experience Design Studio
The Experience Design Studio is a full-service Product Design organization within AT&T's Entertainment Group. We are made up of experts in UX, UI, Design Research, Design Strategy, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Copy and Prototyping. We are responsible for the user experience of the Entertainment Group's products including DIRECTV (including TVE), DIRECTV Now (OTT), NFL Sunday Ticket, Commercial and hardware. Our work is industry leading and used by over 26mm customers on a daily basis.
We are seeking a seasoned Product Design leader to lead our Niche Experiences team in El Segundo. This role will be responsible for our NFL Sunday Ticket product as well as our Sports experiences across platforms (mobile, web, set-top box, connected devices, emerging devices). The right candidate will have a passion for sports, a background in digital product design and experience leading and growing cross-functional talent.
About you: You're a natural born leader with an expert design eye. You have moved beyond Sketch and Omnigraffle to a world of teaching, guiding and leading others. You have insights and experience to offer at every step of the design process, from opportunity identification, concepting, the design itself and how to work with one another. You are a quick thinker with an eye for detail and can respond acutely in any environment. Mature and sociable, you can relate and communicate in both directions, from intern to executive. You are beginning to drive vision within a product, especially in regards to your area of expertise, and have begun those steps to broaden their knowledge as a leader and generalist.
Measures for Success
- You can open up opportunity spaces for your team to create new and meaningful experiences for our customers
- You can instantly prioritize your own teams' projects but also understand how the larger team works
- You have a strong understanding of leadership, business, and customer goals and how it relates to your teams work and know how to get them to achieve those goals on an individual level
- You are decisive. In situations where a decision is needed to move forward, you can quickly take into account the situation, important notes, goals, etc to make a decision
- You show strong managerial skills, the ability to spot talent, nurture talent, prioritize and resolve human conflict
- You are a servant leader and work on behalf of your team, you can craft individual goals to meet their career needs
- Your team trusts you and can talk to you openly, they can rely on you to help them make difficult decisions and you inspire them to better their work and themselves
- You have an eye for detail and can refine your teams work, whether it is UX, UI, copy or interaction
- You can work cross-functionally with your partners and plan a project, identify issues before they become issues and are constantly aware of your surroundings
- You are a solid presenter, can react to any piece of design whether it is your own or not, and you ask the right questions at the right times
- You have a good sense of empathy and how the team is doing and can flexibly react or escalate to their greater needs.
- You can challenge ideas to any level of leadership or any cross functional skill set, representing your supervisors design vision but also being political savvy while doing so.
- You can see details, but also see broad enough to get to the root of what someone is saying, re-steering the conversation or the feedback to the right solution, not the literal spoken translation
- You identify risks to your management in a timely fashion, but are also able to offer solutions with them and then execute the plan to resolve
- You pitch larger initiatives and create goals and execute them with excellence.
- You network appropriately and are a role model in how to be professional yet socially engaging in these external settings
- BFA or equivalent degree
- Prior Product Design experience for digital platforms
- Experience with spec'ing/annotating
- Design Communication Skills
- Experience working with developers
- Experience working with user testing, research and strategy
- Passion for the entertainment and sports industries
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Multi Platform experience (10 ft, mobile/tablet app/RWD)
- Related experience to industry or vertical
Requisition ID 1758253
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
• Location: Los Angeles
• Post ID: 147361647 losangeles