DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 DaVita Medical Group (formerly HealthCare Partners) provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. DaVita Medical Group s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita Medical Group may be the employer for you.
The Director, Pharmacy Services at DaVita Medical Group has a distinctive leadership role, is intimately involved in the care and course of pharmaceutical treatment, and plays a vital role in contributing to positive patient outcomes. This position requires a strong leader that can influence at all levels in the organization. The Director will report directly to the Chief Clinical Officer. The incumbent s duties will include three distinct lanes that operate in a matrixed environment: Managed care pharmacy; pharmacy support center; ambulatory care pharmacy. You will lead a team of high performing professionals that deliver the highest quality of care to our patients, and that provide exceptional service to internal stakeholders.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate DaVita Medical Group s (DMG) commitment to service excellence, integrity, accountability, fulfillment, team, continuous improvement, and fun.
Develops annual budgets for regional drug and immunization spend.
Creates business plans, assures appropriate staffing, productivity and compensation levels.
Develops policies and procedures for all lanes within the Pharmacy Services.
Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
Maintain Pharmacy Services communication outlets
Acts as a consultant to People Services regarding DMG s self-insured benefit.
Partners with Risk Management to protect against department related risks, and guarantees that the department complies with all applicable laws
Maintains relationships, acting as the primary contact and negotiator with pharmacy vendors and pharmaceutical companies.
Responsible for developing the annual business and operating plan for the department
Interface with the Medical Management team to continuously explore ways to optimize pharmacy practice within DMG
Attend all market leadership meetings to stay current with market events to maintain department alignment with executive leadership s goals and objectives
Set the direction for best pharmacy practices within the California market
Stay informed of pharmacy market trends, and guide decision making with novel market information
Managed Care Pharmacy
- Implements and coordinates strategies to control pharmacy utilization and cost, reduce variations among regions. Oversees the implementation of strategies, as well as measures and monitors the effectiveness and success of all pharmacy programs and services implemented.
Provides consulting support to the Contracting department to ensure proper reimbursement to DMG s provider network, and to assure that HCP obtains appropriate and cost-effective pharmacy agreements with health plans.
Partners with the Materials Management department to assure that HCP obtains cost-effective purchasing agreements with outside vendors.
Reviews and analyzes in-house medication utilization data, and develops strategies with medical directors to control costs.
Ensures that injectables and other medications are handled consistently throughout all sites to mitigate risks and ensure patient safety.
Works closely with the Decision Support Services department to ensure accurate collection of pharmacy utilization data and reporting. Develops tools to standardize reporting to monitor trends and generate actionable insights from pharmacy and medical drug data.
Monitors new drug approvals, drug launches and brand/generic pipeline drugs. Develops strategies to mitigate DMG s risk and exposure.
Negotiates rebate agreements
Leads efforts to ensure that DMG has the highest performance on all pharmacy related quality measures (e.g. medication reconciliation and medication adherence).
Ensure that ambulatory care pharmacy practices are optimized within the market
Attends JOC meetings and leads efforts with health plans to improve patient care, and optimize pharmacy incentive programs
Maintains measurable operational excellence for all ambulatory pharmacy care clinics.
Works alongside medical directors, frontline physicians, and support staff to implement clinical initiatives.
Represent DMG in the medical community at large, providing thought leadership and innovation
Pharmacy Support Center (RxSC)
Maintains operational and clinical excellence to ensure that the RxSC serves patients and clinicians in a cost effective manner.
Ensure proper training of new clinicians so that clinicians are optimally served
Seek ways to serve more patients and providers.
Central Operations and Oversight
Performs site visits periodically to ensure efficient operations
Partners with central and regional teams to drive annual vaccine initiatives
Partners with the National Team and other DMG markets to promote, implement, and standardize best clinical and operational practices across all DMG markets
Sets policy on medication procurement for DMG facilities
- Bachelor s degree OR a doctoral degree in Pharmacy with a minimum of five years experience developing and administering clinical pharmacy programs.
- MBA or MHA preferred
- Ambulatory care experienced preferred
- The incumbent must be a licensed pharmacist in California.
- Minimum five years experience in a managed care environment and extensive knowledge of state of the art managed care pharmacy programs and a proven clinical track record of developing cost-effective, high quality programs.
- Expertise in drugs dispensed through both pharmacy and medical benefit
- Understanding of pharmacy-related analytics.
- The incumbent must be highly motivated with proven managerial, leadership and organizational skills.
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Ability to influence without direct control
- Excellent communication skills, coordination and planning skills along with an ability to interact with a variety of audiences to build collaboration and consensus.
- Incumbent must have a demonstrable work history involving complex and innovative problem-solving for which there may not be clearly established guidelines and proven solutions.
- Proven track record of satisfying many stakeholders with competing interests.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita Medical Group will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
Associated topics: biopharmaceutical, drug development, histologist, histotechnologist, immuno oncology, immunoassay, kinesiology, nephrology, pharmacometrics, therapeutic
• Post ID: 143801387 losangeles