Environmental Remediation Project Manager 2 - Northrop Grumman Corporation (El Segundo, California)
We have an immediate opportunity to join the Corporate Environmental Remediation (CER) Team as an Environmental Remediation Project Manager.
This position reports to the Manager of Environmental Remediation Project Management. The incumbent will serve as a member of the CER Team with direct responsibility for the overall project management and success of his/her assigned projects.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and oversee overall strategy for assigned remediation sites.
• Act as project team leader and provide management/direction.
• Charter, direct, coach, monitor and assess consultant and contractor work.
• Execute projects in alignment with NG project management systems.
• Manage and mobilize or consult with multi-disciplinary teams of specialists, including but not limited to attorneys, government representatives, engineers, scientists, accountants, outreach specialists, and general consultants/contractors.
• Manage projects in accordance with NG’s environmental, health & safety program and assure safe work practices are implemented on site remediation projects.
• Develop and maintain project schedule, implement change management and drive remediation progress.
• Develop budgets, approve spending, and certify costs in coordination with NG business management procedures.
• Implement project controls and ensure cost tracking, reasonableness and efficiency.
• Interface and negotiate with regulatory agencies on site strategies and scopes of work and advocate NG’s interests.
• Prepare SOWs for RFPs, purchase orders and change orders, and coordinate with procurement organization.
• Critically review consultant technical deliverables and ensure quality/schedule adherence.
• Estimate project life-cycle cost and maintain financial forecasts.
• Deliver presentations and communicate effectively to management on status, strategies, costs, progress, and emerging issues on assigned site remediation projects.
• Develop site closure/exit strategy and maintain closure path diagrams.
• Conduct Site Management Strategy and Remedy Selection events.
• Maintain site remediation files in accordance with NG’s records management procedure.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17016694&lang=en
• Post ID: 139037212 losangeles