Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail Maureen.Leary2@marriott.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Westmont Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Our Manhattan Beach hotel has it all: sun, sand and sea. Located in the upscale South Bay area, our luxury hotel sits on 26 beautifully landscaped acres just 3 miles south of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The hotel will be transforming to an Autograph Collection. Autograph Collection is comprised of upper-upscale to luxury independent, with distinctive personality, Exactly like nothing else.
Westdrift Manhattan Beach, CA coming January 2018.
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for selling groups across all markets for westdrift, Manhattan Beach, an Autograph Collection hotel, conducting site inspections and turning contracted group business over to the event management team.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Primary Requirements and Qualifications:
- Solicit, book, and turnover group business across all markets.
- Handles customer inquiries and leads requests for group business
- Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
- Implements process improvements and best practices.
- Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
- Follow-up on turnover within 24 hours via telephone and within 3 days with written correspondence.
- Understanding of group and catering forecasting, hotel revenue strategy, meeting room set-up types and capabilities, and sleeping room configurations and types. Knowledge in event technology (A/V) products, sales and services as well as F&B to assist client with menu planning and room set-up while working within the client budget.
- Ensure method of payment, credit card and or billing policies and procedures are upheld.
- Knowledge of sales techniques in order to propose up-sell ideas to clients.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- At all times present and maintain high standards of communication, both written and verbal, to the client.
- To maintain an effective and organized filing on all confirmed bookings.
- To co-operate with the other departments to ensure a harmonious working environment & maximize efficiency.
- To initiate introductory calls during file turnover process
- Attends pre-cons as deemed necessary by property and or client
Be knowledgeable about and follow the company's mission statement and values. Understand who our guests are and how we service our guests, demonstrate professionalism, take ownership and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Preferred to have current knowledge of Marriott CI/TY sales and catering operation system
- Two or four year degree from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Word and Excel software programs.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, accuracy and speed to meet deadlines.
- Multi-task prioritizes, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to plan and develop procedures on all sales programs.
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays.
- Keep current in event management trends.
- Attend community events and industry meetings.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001MGU&lang=en
• Post ID: 147694007 losangeles