Full – Time / Mon. – Fri.
Reports to VP Operations
Bambee is early stage & venture backed. Founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex CMO of ZipRecruiter (largest job board for small and medium sized business in the US) and Head of Product at Docstoc (Acquired by Intuit). He has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR. Our team is close-nit, passionate, easy-going, comedic, lighting-fast & based out of our sunny Santa Monica office.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for working with Clients to support their day-to-day human resource operations, documents, and compliance needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive background in Human Resources Management affairs, including experience in full cycle employee recruitment and retention, staff development, conflict resolution, benefits and compensation, HR records management, and HR policies development.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating win-win compromises, developing team building programs, and writing personnel handbooks, job descriptions and management reports.
- Performs customer service functions by answering client requests and questions.
- Prepares client documentation (Handbook, I-9, W4, W2, Employment Agreement, Termination Letters, etc.) as needed.
- Ensure legal requirements and government regulations are compliant through DOL, EEOC, OSHA, and ADA
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate
- Assists clients with all questions involving the Bambee platform.
- Assists clients with all questions regarding personalized documents.
- Prepares correspondence as requested.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Local travel may occasionally be expected for this position.
Required Education, Licenses, Certifications, and Experience
- 10+ years of Human Resources Experience
- HR Policies and Procedures
- Orientation and On-Boarding
- Benefits Administration
- Training and Development
- General Computer knowledge
- Microsoft office suite, Google Suite
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be 18 + and legally able to work in the United States.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Post ID: 160927107 losangeles