Regional Vice President, RIA and Private Bank Wholesaler, Western Region - (los angeles, california)
Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 11:46 AM
New York Life Investments, a division of New York Life Insurance Company, is one of the worlds largest global asset managers. With more than 500 billion in assets under management, the Investments Group manages premiums paid by the companys six million policyholders, and a global asset management business. New York Life Investments offers a full suite of guaranteed products and annuities, as well as institutional and retail asset management products. It also oversees ten independent investment management boutiques responsible for managing the companys third party assets.
The RVP, RIA and Private Bank Wholesaler will be responsible for providing dedicated coverage and expertise within his/her respective region (Western US) to drive greater penetration and asset flows for New York Life Investment Management's (NYLIM) multi:boutique asset managers and MainStay Investments within the RIA and Private Bank segment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Driving visibility, education, awareness and asset flow for NYLIM/MainStay suite of strategies within the Registered Investment Advisor and Private Bank community throughout the territory. This may include Wealth Managers, Asset Allocators, Wealth Management Platforms, and regional Bank Trusts.
- Prospect directly into large, sophisticated independent RIA's (500 Million AUM+) and Private Banking teams that may or may not have had exposure or coverage from NYLIM/MainStay in the past but represent strong potential. This will also include the regional Bank Trust segment.
- Interfacing with key touch points within each respective RIA and Private Bank client firm to understand their business and model, and point out where and how NYLIM/MainStay's strategies may be actionable. Touch points include Chief Investment Officers (CIO's), CFA chartered "Gatekeepers", Due Diligence Analysts, as well as HNW Portfolio Managers on Private Banking teams.
- Identifying new and meaningful shelf space opportunities and reporting those opportunities to the leadership group and national accounts team so that the firm may act on them.
- Represent NYLIM/MainStay and the RIA/Private Bank Sales team on "Road Shows", as well as relevant industry conferences and events (Schwab Impact etc.).
- Continually messaging up on all matters related to activity, marketplace reception, and market intelligence.
- Continually stay up to date on NYLIM/MainStay's investment themes, strategies and outlook. Most notably, the firm's new manger affiliations and acquisitions.
- Delivering impacting information, industry knowledge, conceptual sales ideas and product applications
- Operating with a high level of professionalism and accountability, along with providing quality service and sales assistance, and consistent goal attainment.
- Frequent interface with sales team members and RIA/Private Bank team counterparts to share information, ideas, success stories, and market intelligence.
We are seeking a highly evolved and credentialed (MBA, CFA, CIMA) investment sales professional from the Long Only or Alternatives realm who identifies with being perceived as an Investment Professional as much as a Sales Professional. Additionally, we are looking for meaningful to significant exposure and experience working with top RIA's and Private Banking teams within the respective territory. Prospective profiles may include:
- An Institutional hybrid sales professional who is calling on multiple opportunity sets including Platforms, Financial Supermarkets (Schwab, Fidelity etc.), Private Banks, RIA's, and Family Offices, who may want to specialize within the RIA/Private Bank segment.
- A dedicated Private Bank sales professional who is intrigued with picking up coverage responsibility for large and sophisticated RIA's while also leveraging their existing Private Banking relationships.
- A dedicated RIA sales professional who is intrigued with picking up coverage responsibili
• Location: Los Angeles
• Post ID: 103977238 losangeles