Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:15 AM
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location:Los Angeles
Anticipated Start Date:07/01/2017
Number of Positions:1.0
Salary Range:71,100 annually
:Protects and safeguards company assets and resources including personnel, property and customer's property entrusted to the company.
:Conduct proficient, sensitive corporate and criminal investigations, provide accurate, detailed reports and provide court testimony when required.
:Identify and properly handle trespassers on Company property and make arrests as appropriate.
:Counsels and advises company officials to reduce crime and accidents and improve security; coordinates response to railroad emergencies; supervises contract security guards and trains other employees on relevant matters.
:Perform aggressive crime prevention patrol of facilities, railroad property and trains, with special emphasis on TOFC/COFC, automobiles, and high value shipments.
Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy
- Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state. Failure to become commissioned in the state the job is in within 3 months (or the period allowed by that states commission, whichever occurs earlier) will result in termination of employment.
- Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be willing and able to travel as required
- Must be able and willing to use the company's computer system for creating reports and databases
- Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation
- Must successfully complete any required company training for this position
- Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events
- Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures
- Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical:event environment
- Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards
- Mustlive or be willingto relocate within 50 miles of the assigned work location
- Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law enforcement agency
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
:Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
:Retirement Pension Plan
:Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
:Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
: Criminal history
: Last 7 years of driving history
: Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
: Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
: Medical evaluation
: Drug Screen
: Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas
• Location: Los Angeles
• Post ID: 115250848 losangeles