Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2017 10:23 PM
AT&T is leading the way to the future - for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier to stay connected to their world. With a network that covers 225 countries, including more than 120 million customers, we'd say we're well on our way. Together, we've built a premier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work and grow.
The AT&T Entertainment Group's (AEG) Technology Team is at the forefront of innovation, shaping the way our customers share and enjoy video content. As part of our industry-leading team, you'll leverage our extensive networks to revolutionize the way people access their content at home or on the go. From designing, implementing and deploying the software to supporting the infrastructure that powers our video services, you'll work on our DIRECTV OTT and satellite TV platforms. We'll look to you to improve the efficiency and scalability of our systems, ensuring we continue to provide premier technology to our customers.
As the Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
AT&T Entertainment Group is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Video Operations Shared Services Team as a Technical Project Manager. As the technical project manager you will work with both product and operations stakeholders to shape the requirements needed to operate a new customer-facing product. You will also play an essential role managing the operational handoff and in overseeing that all operational user stories are delivered complete. Technical Project Managers will interface with a wide range of new products/technology and the size of the deliverables will vary based on the operational support required.
You are an ideal candidate if the following apply to you:
- Leading technical projects in the video delivery space. Able to positively drive others to consistently deliver to scope and schedule. Comfortable interfacing with any individual regardless of level or knowledge base. Have experience defining project scope, objectives, and creation of project plan. Are familiar with micro-service architectures, decoupled systems and how to monitor them Have an operational background and understand the needs of operating live customer facing services.
- Follows technical projects from original concept and leads the way through final implementation Assist and/or leads projects from the operations perspective. Determine operational cost to sustain support for new products year over year. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Seeks out solutions to problems and takes actions on them to drive the problems to closure. E nsure solutions are delivered, tested and implemented with Operational tooling and support built-in. Provide effective, clearly communicated updates on a regular basis to Product and Leadership
- Education - BS/MS in EE, CE, CS or 5-8 years of experience in a related field
- 3+ years' experience in various technologies, such as customer relationship management, development environment, cloud platforms, video platforms, other project driven fields.
- 2+ years of experience working in an operational support environment 3+ years Technical Project Management experience - Certifications a plus 2+ years leading Agile projects - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner a plus Project experience with AWS, Azure, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
Requisition ID 1768685
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
• Location: El Segundo, Los Angeles
• Post ID: 147542432 losangeles