Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified itslegacy for over a century. Mercks success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Mercks Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The MSL is a credentialed (i.e., MD, PhD, or PharmD) therapeutic and disease expert who engages in scientific exchange with leaders in the external medical and scientific community. Scientific exchange does not include promotional claims about any drug, vaccine or biologic product. MSLs provide to Scientific Leaders (SLs) balanced, factual, scientific information about non-product areas of interest to Merck. MSLs also respond to scientific questions from SLs, including questions about Merck products. MSLs have no sales objectives or accountability for prescribing or sales of any Merck product and are required to avoid any situations that could create the appearance that they have such responsibilities. An MSL may not comment on or make suggestions with respect to the diagnosis, treatment, or circumstances of a specific patient.
- Develop professional relationships and communicate with national and regional scientific leaders to ensure access to medical and scientific information on areas of therapeutic interest and Merck products.
- Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those scientific leaders to ensure they have a medical contact within Merck.
- Review headquarters-directed education and training to maintain current knowledge and understanding of dynamic scientific and clinical environment in Mercks areas of interest.
- Direct scientific leader inquiries on issues outside of MSL scope of responsibilities (e.g., research, grants) to appropriate Merck resources consistent with applicable policies.
- When requested by MRL, serve as a resource for the identification of potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs
- In response to unsolicited requests from scientific leaders, provide areas of interest and general high-level information regarding the Merck Investigator Study Program process.
- Serve as a role model for other field medical team members, including on-boarding and/or therapeutic training partner.
- MD, PharmD, or PhD
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical (patient care) or deep research experience in Oncology beyond that obtained in the terminal degree program.
- Capable of conducting doctoral level discussions with key customers
- Strong focus on scientific education and dialogue
- Business and market knowledge, including quality management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Must possess a thorough understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry and its customers.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Field-based medical experience
- Clinical research experience
- Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and were counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, were inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to(e-mail removed).
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Medical Affairs Generic Field Based ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 156255897 losangeles