Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to join a team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art systems in our Redondo Beach, CA location. Our team supports multiple operating units within Mission Systems at this location, where we are an integral part in the development and maintenance of software systems in a variety of mission areas including air defense C2, mission planning and execution, battle management, command/control and mission management, protected satcom and embedded software, and integrated ground systems. Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should project a friendly, positive attitude and works cooperatively in a multi-faceted environment; as well as exhibiting an ability and desire to self-educate. This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
• Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
• Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
• System modeling and simulation
• Architecture, OPSCON, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
• Database development, management, maintenance
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Perform Systems Requirements analysis
• Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro)
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17006035&lang=en
• Post ID: 102914218 losangeles