What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for the proper operation of a large group of wireless Network Elements. Their goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for their customers. Duties in support of interdepartmental objectives, to include preventative and remedial maintenance, installation, optimization, building and ground upkeep, and integration of network hardware and interconnect facilities that includes the financial responsibility of reviewing services performed by vendors. Performing audits as required by local, regional, Area, Corporate or Regulatory agencies. The Network – Field Assurance Engineer is expected to be able to perform his duties with little supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Performs preventative and remedial maintenance on all base station and transmitter equipment. Performs installation and optimization of same. Performs routine building and grounds maintenance and inspections.
- Responsible for the on-site integration and activation of new service that includes macro / micro, small cells, distributed antenna systems and network facilities deployed in market. This includes performing the drive test data collection activity and post processing of the data to establish acceptable service levels
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the key performance metrics of all services recently activated and existing network elements.
- Analyze sites on a sector / cell site level using network tools to determine if any PIM / interference is present. Takes the initial steps with the use of PIM test equipment / Spectrum analyzer to support on-site testing of the antenna system and over the air interference analysis to identify the source
- Analyzes network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity. Makes recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
- Review, manage and facilitate the financial procurement of vendor services that includes PO / invoice responsibility that results in a quality product at fair costs
- Maintains inventories of test equipment, base station, and transmitters. Updates daily logs with site-specific information. Composes clear and concise reports for system documentation
- Utilize OTDR, OLTS, and related test equipment to troubleshoot and test fiber.
- Work with multiple internal and external groups to manage and coordinate work. Engage with vendors, system administrators, and network personnel to resolve issues
- Read, understand, and execute methods of procedures (MOPs) and ensure technical standards are adhered to and no adverse effects will be caused in the network
- Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Office and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Technical degree; Bachelor degree preferred.
- CCNA preferred.
- Two or more years of years of experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following fields: Wireless telecommunications, IP networking, System Performance / Network Analyst.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice cells infrastructure experience including: Lucent, Motorola, Nortel; LTE / CDMA data; telecom experience including: Ethernet backhaul, fiber optic testing / configuration, computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting; and power experience including: Galaxy, Lorain, DC distribution systems, and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate training in the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
- Understanding of IP networking including routing protocols and router interface and configuration
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6788327-field-assurance-engineer
• Post ID: 115718633 losangeles