Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property and Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with our Financial Lines Management Liability Division in Downtown Los Angeles.
Entry-level position for someone looking to work in an underwriting division with a high level of instruction and learning opportunities. As a member of the Financial Lines team you will be responsible for underwriting new and renewal professional liability, cyber liability, and media products for companies throughout the Southwest territory.
This position reports to the Regional Underwriting Manager and will interact daily with individuals varying from other internal departments, Brokers and Insured’s.
- Underwrite assigned accounts and new business within the Professional Liability space for the Southwest region to meet budgetary goals.
- Organize and prioritize risks; and effectively communicate information needs to brokers with an emphasis on building relationships.
- Build relationships with brokers; including making independent calls to market products.
- Accept, decline or modify new and renewal business submissions after management discussion.
- Prepare pricing and negotiation strategy with management consultation.
- Negotiate new and renewal coverage and price with brokers consistent with the quality of the risk and company strategy.
- Justify and document underwriting decisions, in keeping with underwriting authority, company guidelines, and legal and compliance requirements.
Position Requirements: The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Post ID: 97349722 losangeles