Global Real Estate Associate - Investor Reporting (Affordable Housing) - AIG (Los Angeles, CA)
The Associate is responsible for working with the Affordable Housing (AH) team in Los Angeles and assists in the preparation and modeling of financial information in connection with the AH Funds, including providing investor reports and operational information to investors and their advisors.
• Assist in the evaluation of investor real estate portfolios by gathering, analyzing and modeling all pertinent data from asset management, tax, accounting, financial reporting, debt advisory and acquisitions departments. Associate must understand modeling enough to explain changes in investor returns due to changes in various assumptions. Associate must be able to customize models to reflect any atypical modeling assumptions.
• Assist with asset transition and/or dispositions functions, including among other things, research data related to remaining tax benefits and perform an economic analysis of the net effect to the investor of any proposed structural or portfolio changes.
• Assist with preparation of annual reports to investors, including compiling occupancy and debt service data related to the properties in each investment, and tracking new or outstanding operating deficit loans funded to any of those properties.
Position Requirements: The ideal candidate will have: • Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, math or related field (will consider Liberal Arts degree with sufficient quantitative work experience).
• Four to six years financial analysis experience in a real estate related field.
• Strong background in financial modeling, including investment analysis and sensitivity analysis.
• Experience and comfort managing several projects simultaneously.
• Background in tax and affordable housing (Section 42 Low Income Housing Tax Credits) desirable.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word). This role will be responsible for creating numerous investor reports.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, math or related field (will consider Liberal Arts degree with sufficient quantitative work experience).
• Post ID: 97044742 losangeles