Here at The Pudding Truck our mission is to bring the creamy goodness of gourmet old-fashioned American-style pudding to the people of Los Angeles. Of course unlike the stuff that most of us are used to, our pudding doesn't come from a box but instead is hand-whisked on the stove top in small batches to ensure top-notch quality.
We are looking for someone to work closely with our Head Dessert Chef to execute production of all puddings and toppings, and are hoping to find someone with a great attitude and a desire to grow with the company. Ultimately it would also be fantastic if said hire were interested in working front of the house shifts on the truck as well as a "Pudding Slinger"!
Basic Requirements to be interviewed:
- Have at least 6 months experience in a professional kitchen and dessert making; 1 year preferred
- Work experience on a food truck or in an artisanal dessert restaurant is preferred
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions/information precisely
- Open to feedback and able to continuously work toward improvement
- Must acquire a Food Handler certification within 30 days of hire (if not prior)
- Must be able to present current driver's license
- Have a desire to learn and improve yourself and the venue every day
- Enjoy having fun and sharing unique food and drink experiences with others
- Have passion for high quality food, drink, attentive service and engaging hospitality experiences
- Treat your colleagues and guests with respect and dignity
- Have a strong work ethic, and high expectations for your own performance
- A sense of humor
- Social media experience a plus
- We will also prioritize candidates with a flexible schedule. We often need coverage for shifts during evenings and on weekends, so a willingness to work during unconventional times is important.
Candidates should follow these steps: Reply to this ad with your resume and a short letter explaining why you would be the ideal person for this job with our fun, growing company.
Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Carrie Cohen & The Pudding Truck Family
• Post ID: 115481693 losangeles