The Banquet Captain is a part time as-needed position that may require early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Banquet Captain main duties include floor management prior to and during banquet service and attending weekly staff meetings regarding event details and timelines.
• Valid California Food Handler’s Certificate (not expired)
• Punctual and reliable attendance
• Supervising all banquet activities to ensure guests are satisfied and all food and beverage needs are met.
• Ensuring client rentals are collected and organized at the end of every event.
• Training new team members to provide service that matches banquet and fine-dining standards including food service style, uniform, language, and radio use.
• Keeping record of both good and bad guest comments for improvement.
• Maintaining a positive and eager customer service attitude with guests and encouraging team members to do so as well.
• Managing food and beverage service flow and special requests during events.
• Communicating with kitchen and serving teams to coordinate smooth service flow to guests.
• Performing all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient, and professional manner at all times.
• Tracking guest count and advising in problem solving situations.
• Monitoring that all equipment is used, cleaned, and stored properly.
• Organizing pre-shift meetings for event staff that include all relevant information pertaining to each event’s unique needs such as timeline, allergies, rental items, surprise activities, and room flips.
• Completing consistent event re-cap report forms to summarize event service and report any incidents or lost items.
• Remaining present until all guests and employees have left or until relieved by another Banquet Manager.
• Post ID: 137808068 losangeles