The Barista is responsible to provides customers with prompt, quality beverage selection, purchase, and preparation. The barista ensures guests will experience a friendly, upbeat, and clean atmosphere.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Welcome each guests personally.
• Prepare and present quality beverages using a variety of equipment and utensils according to established recipe and presentation standards in the café.
• Ensure that each and every guest is served in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
• Describe details of menu items and new products to guests, suggest products that might appeal to them and answer any inquiries.
• Receive and process guest payments.
• Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, and bagels.
• Stock guest service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
• Order, receive and stock supplies and retail products.
• Responsible for product quality and safety including but not limited to milk, pastry and fruits.
• Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
• Clean and sanitize work areas, service and seating areas, utensils, and equipment.
• Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• One (1) years of experience as barista.
• High school diploma.
• Food Handlers permit required.
• Basic Math Skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
• Professional writing skills.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Judgment and Decision Making
• Organizational skills.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constant standing with some walking.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop
• Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
• Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
• Exposure to extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
• Members only community (More of one on one relationship with customers)
• The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
• Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
• Post ID: 128245793 losangeles