In collaboration with Executive Director of Events, the Event Sales Manager will manage prospecting and sales for private hire events within their individual market segments. Specific emphasis will be placed on developing and maintaining key business relationships with event clients, sponsors & partners. Event sales manager scope of sales but, not limited to Paley, Studio “A”, The Library, 3rd floor terrace, Screening Room, Paley Penthouse and Courtyard of the Columbia Square Campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Being comfortable in conversing with clients, members, guests and potential members regarding NeueHouse events and our various programs, pricing structure and amenities. Must always be a positive and articulate ambassador of the NeueHouse project/brand.
• Prepare presentations, pitches and proposals, sponsorships/partnerships, private hire and NH Advance
• Manage client entertaining efforts and initiatives
• Conduct walk through & tours for event opportunities
• Draft proposals for potential clients
• Manage internal event budgets for individual event segments
• Manage private hire P&L margins
• Liaising with clients to select menus, understand needs and coordinate the details of their events.
• Strong emphasis placed on the communication of event information to relevant parties including, but not limited to, the Catering Chef, Event Operations Director, General Manager, Head of Security and Tech Manager.
• Responsible for making sure deposits and balances get run and tracking events sales.
• Prepare lead & sales reports
• Focus on clearly communicating event specs pre-event to events associate to ensure that day-of production is seamless.
• College degree or relative work experience required
• 5+ years in relative industry and/or field
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
• Organized with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to take independent initiative, as well as work within a team
• Proficient in Mac OS X
• Must be able to lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Highly organized
• Able to flourish while working against deadlines
• Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• MS Office Suite including PPT and Excel
• Efficient with Google Calendar/Docs/Gmail/Chrome
• Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constant standing and walking.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
• Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
• Generally, in an indoor setting.
• Will be using a computer occasionally.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Frequently exposed to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
• Post ID: 113396143 losangeles