The Host/Hostess greets all guests with a genuine enthusiasm and warmth upon arrival, informs guests of their wait time, enters guest names into the Reserve system if needed, shows guests to their table and bids guests farewell as they leave. The Host/Hostess may perform a variety of other tasks within the restaurant which include taking care of our guests by refilling beverages and performing light housekeeping duties such as cleaning glass and menus, and ensuring restrooms are clean, stocked, and orderly. Performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
· Maintains consistent attention to the entrance of the restaurant and welcomes all guests with a smile and appropriate greeting following The Mar Vista Service standards.
· Records customer reservations or seating times in a consistent manner providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
· Proper set up and maintenance of the Dining Room areas before serving
· Assists with maintaining sufficient placement of silverware for the incoming shift
· Seats guests and advises them on menus and beverage choices based on required in-depth knowledge
· Oversees the delivery and servicing of food and beverages
· Liaises between kitchen staff and floor staff to ensure the guests’ experience meets concept/company standards.
· Performs the tasks of the cashier and/or bus person as required including cashing out guests checks to speed up service
· Patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per establishment procedures.
· Performs other duties in a team effort during downtime which may include rolling silverware, expediting food orders, clearing dishes, checking on customer satisfaction.
· One year experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
· Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
· Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time.
· Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers in person and by phone.
· Excellent organization skills
· Ability to work effectively within a team
· Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW
• Post ID: 116076798 losangeles