NEUEHOUSE, located in the historic Columbia Square CBS Radio Building and Studio on Sunset Boulevard-Hollywood is a private membership work collective intended for both solopreneurs and those leading teams of up to 10 people. It is a complete rethinking of the ideal working environment for today’s creators in such fields as film, design, fashion, publishing, the arts and tech.
A Line Cook will provide chefs the timely and quality preparation of foods using a variety of equipment and utensils in an effort to continuously operate a highly regarded restaurant on a local and national level. He/She will also maintain the cooking environment clean and safe for all staff members and flexibly takes on various culinary tasks as they arise. The Line Cook will receive instruction/guidance from Lead Line Cook and culinary management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with Standards of Service and assist in ensuring the same from all kitchen employees.
- To follow all specifications to properly and efficiently cook all food items in high quality, taste, presentation, including accommodation special guest requests, within specified time limits.
- Demonstrate advanced culinary technical skills required in food preparation and use of kitchen equipment for a four-star fine dining restaurant.
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures.
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications
- Responsible for final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Rotates product according to “First In, First Out” to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Inform the Executive Chef of supplies that need to be requisitioned.
- Inform the Executive Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out
- To stock/restock and supply storage areas as needed, to accommodate business needs.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
- To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and in uniform at all times.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- Cold line: Minimum of 2 years of experience as prep cook or a combination of education and work experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Hot/Saute line: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a line cook or a combination of education and work experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Previously worked with multi-unit operations from fine dining to casual(Preferred)
- 4 or 5 star background, knowledge and ability to implement such standards (Preferred).
- Food Handlers permit.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions in English.
- Knowledge of kitchen operations and production.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Possess excellent knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Customer service orientation and commitment to quality service.
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Generally, in an indoor setting.
- Will be using a computer occasionally.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Frequently exposed to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
• Post ID: 115884058 losangeles