As Porter & Prep Assistant you will work closely with other team members. Responsibilities include maintaining a clean, sanitary work environment, washing of all pots, pans & glassware. Receiving and storing of all inventory and products. Maintaining organized and clean storage areas and refrigerators. Assisting with chopping & food preparation. We pride ourselves on our quality of product and positive work atmosphere. Currently we are looking for the right individual to join our team and family. We are family run/owned and offer opportunity for growth to those who work hard and believe in our mission.
- Maintain the cleanliness of floors, walls, windows, worktables, hoods, vents, refrigerators, and storage areas.
- Removes refuse to designated areas.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes, pots, and pans and wash them by hand or dishwashing machine and return them to their proper storage place.
- Clean equipment using specific chemicals to meet sanitary standards; may include the use of heavy equipment and cleaning trash receptacles.
- Assist kitchen and counter personnel in food preparation and guest service.
- Load/unload supply trucks transferring between storage and work areas.
- Stock, date, rotate, and check the temperature of food items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 months experience working in retail or food service environment is essential.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Verbal and written communication is essential. Must be able to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate and receive instructions.
- Food handlers permit as required by law.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. of boxes.
• Post ID: 153289247 losangeles