A Prep Cook will provide chefs/cooks the timely and quality preparation of foods using a variety of equipment and utensils in an effort to continuously operate a highly regarded restaurant on a local and national level. He/She will also maintains the cooking environment clean and safe for all staff members and takes on culinary tasks as they arise. A prep cook will receive instruction/guidance from Lead Line Cook and culinary management, and may work earlier than most other cooks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with Standards of Service and assist in ensuring the same from all kitchen employees.
- To follow all specifications to properly and efficiently prepare all food items in high quality, taste, presentation, including accommodation special guest requests, within specified time limits.
- Properly measures to ensure proper cutting/portioning of food items and assembles ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes.
- Accepts or rejects ingredients based on quality and quantity.
- Rinses and cuts raw food products.
- Minimizes waste of products.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Rotates product to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Inform the Executive Chef of supplies that need to be requisitioned.
- Inform the Executive Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
- To stock/restock and supply storage areas as needed, to accommodate business needs.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
- To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and in uniform at all times.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- One (1) year of experience as Prep Cook.
- 4 or 5 star background, knowledge and ability to implement such standards (Preferred).
- Previously worked with multi-unit operations from fine dining to casual (Preferred).
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions in English.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Possess excellent knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment exercising adequate leadership.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Customer service orientation and commitment to quality service.
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
• Post ID: 128245888 losangeles