The Eveleigh on Sunset is seeking a dynamic, resourceful and hardworking individual to join our team as a Restaurant Manager.
At The Eveleigh we embrace the original identity of the historic structure we inhabit: an intimate unpretentious residence built upon an orchard in 1923.
This influence is found in our culinary and bar philosophy; offering a market-driven menu featuring farmers, artisans and purveyors whose practices and products we enthusiastically support. We embrace a local, farm-to-table ethos that relies on obtaining most of our produce from farms in Southern California. Similarly a good portion of our seafood comes from a single diver off the coast of Santa Barbara and we obtain most of the animals we use in our whole animal butchery program from Paso Robles to Marin County. It's all about the ingredients. Our acclaimed bar program boasts handcrafted, seasonal cocktails with market-fresh herbs & fruits, house-made syrups & infusions, utilizing small-batch, handcrafted spirits.
We're looking for a food and beverage professional that has the same values we do.
Together with the General Manager and the AGM you will lead a team of over 75 employees at a high volume restaurant noted as much for its commitment to local ingredients as its stunning indoor/outdoor aesthetic.
The Restaurant Manager will report directly to the AGM & General Manager and must be able to lead the team when both are not present. We are looking for a seasoned food & beverage professional with a passion for hospitality. Administrative experience and an understanding of MICROS, ordering, pricing and inventory are a plus.
Must have basic knowledge of the metrics of the business, able to read and understand a profit and loss reports, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ordering, receiving & inventory.
- Updating inventory and menu prices in POS and for creating buttons for POS.
- Maintaining all service standards.
- Report employee performances to AGM & GM.
- Promote the culture and values of the restaurant.
- Providing opportunities for staff to expand their food, beverage & service knowledge.
- Maintain a work place that is clean and organized and is cohesive with the restaurant's philosophy, and standards of excellence.
- Work the floor. Fit in seamlessly with service. When called upon execute the duties of any of the FOH positions.
- Operate the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Demonstrate consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and give responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Anticipate and understand guest service needs.
- Be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly when providing service within any given period of time.
Ideally the candidate will have at least 2 years of restaurant management experience with full-service, upscale and high-volume restaurants. Should have a working knowledge of financials, leadership skills and an unparalleled work ethic.
This is an opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the operations of a premiere destination restaurant in one of the biggest markets in the country and we are looking for candidates with congruent qualifications. If that is you please send us your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination
in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.
• Post ID: 124434873 losangeles