Please email a cover letter and resume to jobs @ sweetrosecreamery.com.
***Compensation includes daily tips which can range from adding an extra $5 - $10 per hour on average.
Job description:A Shift Lead is a FOH leader in charge of monitoring the daily operations of service, including direct customer satisfaction as well as representing the Sweet Rose brand at all times. Primary responsibilities for this role will include the following: maintain smooth communication with customers and internally with Staff and BOH team members as required; lead and assign daily tasks and checklists as required; handle all edible products appropriately; upkeep store appearance at all times; model positivity professional behavior by example.
- Minimum 2 years restaurant, retail, or customer service experience preferred; Strong cash management experience and experience using a point of sales system preferred
Performance skills and goals:
- Professional and personable demeanor with both customer and colleague interactions. Ability to focus on the present situation and leave outside negativity outside of Sweet Rose.
- Display enthusiasm for Sweet Rose philosophy and ice cream, maintain and expand product and ingredient knowledge while continually sharing this knowledge with customers. Directly participate in the chain of service by helping customers with their Sweet Rose experience
- Display understanding and proper execution of all Sweet Rose recipes, policies, and procedures at all times
- Ability to multitask efficiently, prioritize deadlines, handle unforeseen urgencies, adapt to sudden changes, delegate or ask for help as needed, and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; ability to take direction from management staff, communicate feedback from your shifts to management (positive or negative), educate and inform counter staff, and display leadership by example.
- Ability to maintain and encourage a positive work environment for all staff while offering motivation and positive reinforcement to staff, as well as gratitude and good will to all Sweet Rose staff.
- Exceptional teamwork mentality and willingness to take initiative in FOH/BOH support
- Exceptional work ethic: Time management and punctuality, ability to take directions as well as professionally coach staff and offer constructive feedback when required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reside within 20 miles of Sweet Rose Creamery and have reliable transportation
- Have a valid California drivers license or ID
- Available to work 30-40 hours a week, including nights and weekends
- Flexible and open to unforeseen scheduling adjustments
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, including on staircases
- Able to work in close quarters and stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Serv Safe Certified (California state law for food service workers; test available at servsafe.com)
- Micros POS and Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word
Sweet Rose Creamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Post ID: 116076608 losangeles