Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:39 AM
Job Function: Internal Administration
Contract Type: Regular Employment
Job Level: Entry:level
Office Location: Los Angeles, CA (LAX), United States
Start Date: 10/02/2017
The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Administrative Assistant (LAX) to be responsible for providing administrative support to the Business Unit Manager and location Dept. Heads as well as coordination of office and property management including vendor relations, purchase orders and invoice payments, etc. Under general supervision with dotted line reporting to the DHHR, provides tactical Human Resources and support of HRIS data base, background investigations and on:boarding process, time clock management, temporary employee services, Health, Safety and Environment program, worker compensation and monthly operating and HR reports.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION : Support Los Angeles, CA and McAllen, TX facilities
* Generating job requisitions for new hires via HRIS system(PanLink) and first round screening of applicants as well as supporting assessments for interviewees, and disposition candidates within HRIS for applicant flow and AAP
* Coordinate with new hires for completion of necessary drug test and background checks and follow up with hiring managers on results working with District Head of HR on suspect or questionable results
* Transition new hires to electronic onboarding and conduct first day orientations including I:9 verifications and providing educational services regarding all online training, benefit information, payroll and HSE systems navigation
* Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality...i.e. unemployment claims, employment verifications, I:9 files
* Conduct new hire orientation to ensure that employees complete all necessary paperwork and gain an understanding of the Company profile, values, benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
* Point person for company QHSE program
* Handle all temporary services from initial communication/ordering to monitoring timesheets and verifying invoices from temporary employee agencies and process thru accounts payables.
* Back:up to Dept. Heads monitoring timesheets/PTO/Missed punches for all office personnel
* Updating PanLink aka NORAM notices on new hires and terminations with all required paperwork
* Respond to day to day inquiries regarding HR policies and Benefits
* Escalate serious or complex issues with respect to reported employee relations issues
* Maintain and update all OSHA reporting and worker compensation first injury reporting
* Manages tactical aspects of annual open enrollment requirements including compilation, distribution and collection of materials
* Assist in administration of High 5 and other incentive programs
* Coordinate paperwork for short term disability and FMLA leaves
* Provide administrative support in organizing training programs and other employee morale related events as needed.
* Complete monthly FTE reports of total headcount and temporary services personnel
* Assist with coordination, reporting and escalation to District HR Manager of workers compensation/disability claims.
* Maintenance and updating of organizational charts and telephone directories as requested.
* Assist with special projects and other HR tasks as needed
GENERAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
* Order and maintain office supplies including the Central Forms Orders stock as well as all general office purchase order management and office equipment function
* Produce monthly expense and overtime r
• Location: Los Angeles
• Post ID: 138915257 losangeles