As a team we are unusually passionate about the intersection of media and technology and see an opportunity to improve next generation video for creators and consumers of multi-platform content. This person will join a team responsible for a broad range of strategic, multi-platform content-focused initiatives covering both new and established product lines within Verizon’s FIOS, Mobile, OTT and Broadband platforms. The Development Lead will help drive the strategic goals of the go90 Content Team through all stages of the creative development of video content, short-form programming, and long-form programming in all genres including scripted and unscripted. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for ideating, creating, developing and producing video programming, identifying breaking talent, as well as experience in and a passion for both long-form and short-form digital content. Specifically, this role will develop and produce video content for go90 for distribution across all Verizon owned and operated platforms (Yahoo, AOL, Complex, etc).
- Own creative strategy around working with new and existing partners, production companies, 3rd party agencies and individual creators to:
- Lead creative, development and production for internal projects.
- Develop original content strategy to drive engagement across all go90 digital portfolio (Networks, Programming Bundless, Owned & Operated, Sites).
- Oversee development of content and pitch materials for brand-funded Request For Proposals.
- Own creative strategyfor all 3rd party production service agreements.
- Leverage BI, data, and performance reporting to inform greenlight decisions, potential return on a project, audience development and potential success of potential projects, both internal and external.
- Screen cuts, draft thoughtful creative notes and provide feedback to editors.
- Serve as conduit between development partners and television/linear/off-platform buyers.
- Manage the development team:
- Lead meetings (brand development, production/post-production check in) and provide reporting and insight for cross-functional meetings.
- Set content strategy agenda for scripted/unscripted weighting, content vertical balance, and key talent casting strategy and recommendations.
- Maximize team effectiveness through coaching, performance management and talent development
- Lead and manage a development team and coordinator who are responsible for:
- Ownership of scripted and unscripted projects.
- Collection/dissemination of information for organizational grids, documents, status reports.
- Coordinating Studio resources with Studio Manager/Post Prod Coordinator
- Work with Distribution Team to:
- Format Owned & Operated Intellectual Property for migration into long form television/off-platform distribution.
- Create a content development strategy that will optimize for multi-window, short-form content that can be monetized across various platforms.
- Develop, write, produce sizzle reels.
- Build and maintain relationships with top-level agency contacts.
- Strategize sales/pitch plans.
- Along with Partner Management Team, represent go90 in the market at pitch meetings and conferences for off-platform sales and distribution.
- Oversee creative of all pre-series production (pilot, presentation, etc).
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience as a Development Executive in video or at a studio, network, MCN, and/or at a video production company.
Ideally you have:
- A Master’s degree .
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and data analysis skills. Fantastic quantitative and qualitative judgment.
- Senior level show producing experience.
- Production finance experience.
- Significant production and post-production experience.
- A deep Rolodex of contacts, and established relationships within the broadcast, digital, cable and brand communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the formats, trends and competitive landscape in the scripted and unscripted space, spanning digital and traditional strategy.
- Innate ability to develop buzzy, sticky content.
- Strong project management and organization skills and the proven ability to be adaptive and effective in a quickly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with key players in the film, television and digital industry.
- Creative and balanced with an ability to work with speed and efficiency.
- Adept at working effectively under pressure, handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated abilityto work independently and in teams.
- Passionate about entertainment and short-form video. Knowledge and enthusiasm of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution, digital influencers and major content creators/providers as well as competitive landscape including new, emerging and established digital platform content offerings.
- Research and analyze the external environment to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging content areas, and the competitive landscape.
- Anticipate risks and drive risk management with cross-functional team.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
· Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6265091-development-executive-go90
• Post ID: 111578823 losangeles