At your core, you’re a storyteller. You have an eye for brand and a fascination with communication-- which is what drew you into marketing. You’re new to the field, but you’ve had the chance to explore some projects that have whetted your appetite. You’re craving the opportunity to be a part of something from the very beginning and take more ownership. You want your voice to be heard and to be part of something bigger.
Lucky for you, we’re just getting started.
We’ve hit reset at Tamara Mellon. On our own business, and in turn, the women’s luxury shoe industry. Tamara Mellon, co-founder and former chief creative officer of Jimmy Choo, is no stranger to success or rule breaking. After a more traditional start of her eponymous label, Tamara decided it was time to do things differently—really differently. So she closed up shop and started over. TM has moved her company from NYC to LA to introduce the first direct-to-consumer women’s luxury shoe brand. What this means in short: old school Italian artisanship meets new school luxury (aka buy now, wear tomorrow at accessible prices). For us, new luxury also means reinventing customer service and the way we shop. As far as we’re concerned, any woman who shops with us is a VIP.
We are dead serious about disrupting the fashion world and being taken seriously about doing it. Tamara Mellon is a Series B funded company, backed by NEA (the world’s largest venture fund; portfolio includes Moda Operandi, Jet, Casper, Goop, Groupon, and Quidsi, among others).
Our reinvention centers around recreating the luxury shopping experience—digitally. As our Marketing Coordinator you will create words for email, web, social, and other digital and print materials. Not only will you bring our voice to life, you will brainstorm, coordinate, and execute opportunities to evolve our brand through marketing.
Here’s key thing about this role; we are looking for someone super-ambitious who is up for the task of balancing creative output (hello, long list of inter-department needs) with planning. You’re not looking to check some boxes and leave for the day. You want to know about new product launches, multi-channel digital marketing campaigns and pretty much anything that our brand does-- and you want to make sure it feels, looks, and sounds like us to the audience we’re lucky to have.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- You have 1-2 years (internships count!) of working directly on brand marketing and/or ecommerce customer touchpoints.
- Experience working closely with existing brand and marketing teams to ideate, develop, and produce compelling content across channels.
- Partnering with team stakeholders to identify priorities and plan process of upcoming projects.
- Work with teammates to manage workflow on multiple campaigns and projects across departments.
- Assist with inbound marketing and content marketing programs, including brand marketing, press, email marketing, social media, paid acquisition, and SEO.
- Report to brand team with short and long and term strategies for growth, acquisition, and sales.
- Assist with bringing to life brand campaigns and big picture initiatives-- always optimizing projects for a start to finish lifecycle for all stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of branding and digital communications trends, from competitors in the luxury, ecommerce, and tech spaces, to inform and iterate on the marketing communication strategy.
- Less glamorous than the creative side, but no less important, we’re looking for a master of organization to coordinate and produce the content they’ll be responsible for.
- Ideate, develop and build out our brand image library library for ecommerce, editorial and social imagery.
- Will be responsible for image library management; from organization and maintenance to sharing clearly with the team.
- An innate understanding and interest in the why of our brand and in the importance of brand to our company’s success. We’ll look to you to always communicate this to our community.
- Deep curiosity about the luxury, fashion, and ecommerce space.
- Knowledge of social and digital touchpoints between a brand and a customer, as well as experience successfully creating meaningful engagement.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Effective communicator, start-up experience a plus.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment. Embraces peer-to-peer feedback and training.
- Impressive pace of creative output. A general fearlessness about trying and doing. Proud of your work, but not influenced by your ego.
If this sounds like the opportunity (not the job) you’ve been waiting to tackle and are ready to do things differently (and passionately), we’d love to hear from you.
• Post ID: 136745288 losangeles