Job ID: 127366
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seekingfull-time GeneralLaborers for day and night shifts in our Los Angelesfacility. This position involveshandling and moving glass and metal materials from one position/location to another in an effortto expedite product throughout the plant. This is a union position. Flexibilityto work all shifts is needed (days, nights or graveyard).
- On/off-load product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily
- Complete paperwork
- Read and attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- Perform work as assigned by supervisor
- The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis, therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions of the job
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
To be considered for a general production laborer position, the following conditions must be met:
- Ability to read,understand, and communicate in English
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Ability to kneel/crawl, climb ladders, stoop/squat, and climb stairs occasionally
- Ability to bend/twist frequently
- Ability to carry, reach, stand, walk, and use wrists/hands/fingers/shoulders/elbows constantly
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs. unassistedon a frequent basis
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
- Dolly, crane, pallet jack, glass cups, glass sheet pull tool, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
- Hazards - Exposure to chemicals/fumes, pinch points, exposure to excessive noise, strain/sprain, laceration/puncture, particulate exposure, contusion, operation of foot controls, slipping, burns, shock, loss of limbs, elevated temperatures during summer months.
- Controls - Personal protective equipment, safety training, written procedures
- Safety Equipment - Safety glasses, steel toe shoes with metatarsal guards, cut resistant gloves with liners, cut resistant outerwear, hard hat, and hearing protection
- Work performed in a production environment
- Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high
- The plant facility is subject to the same climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present in the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the companys hazardous communication program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 156255712 losangeles